Saturday, October 20, 2012

Reviews: Kickers "Heroick" and Miz Mooz "Webster"

I recently ordered 2 pairs of boots that I was excited about but unfortunately, both fell short of expectations. The first, which I wrote about in a previous post, was Kickers "Heroick" Boots (I found listings at Nordstrom, Planet Shoes, Shoebuy, and Shoes.com). The calf circumference is listed as 12.5" but when I received them, the true circumference of the smallest size (Euro size 36) was about 14.5". If there are any of you out there with this size/calf combination (I guess you're probably not a regular reader of this blog), you're in luck because these seem to be nicely made boots. The inside is lined with a soft plaid fabric, the rubber wedge seems comfortable and sturdy, and the leather is soft and flexible, but still stands upright. In the picture below, you can see that they were way too big for my 12" calves. 


Kickers "Heroick'"Boots ($212)
The next pair I ordered was Miz Mooz's Webster boot. I think Miz Mooz's boots are adorable and hoped that the calf circumference was smaller than the listed 14.75" (Infinity Shoes lists them as 13"), but when I received them, they were also way too big, at approximately 14.5" for a size 6. The heel on these was approx. 2.5"--lower than the Kickers boot and more comfortable. I could see these as everyday boots for someone with 14-14.5" calves, but these are a no go for me. 
Miz Mooz Webster Boot ($240)

LC

1 comment:

  1. You may need to have your boots altered at a shoe store. The cost is usually around $40.00.

    ReplyDelete